Saturday 29 December 2012

Camped at 6 Mile - Gympie

The Ball !!
After a lovely 3 months at Tanyalla it was time to move on, I left last Tuesday, and drove to Hervey Bay.  It was a long drive as I stopped every 1/2 hour for a walk around and rest, nursing a sore back, thankfully after some Bowen treatments it is back to normal.  Had lots of morning & afternoon teas as well as lunches catching up with friends.  Also the 2 Solo's I travelled with while up north were in Hervey Bay so it was nice to see Leo & Judi again.  Last weekend the Wide Bay Wanderer's motorhome group I belonged to had their weekend gathering and Christmas Party at Teebar, between Maryborough and Biggenden.  I attended and had lots of fun the theme was a Masquerade Ball.  Thankfully my grandaughter Renae had a mask left over from a school fancy dress I was able to borrow.   It rained but that never seems to damped the spirits and Disc bowls was played in between showers, while inside there is always a game of cards or other table games going on. 
My new travel companion
I stayed in Tiaro 2 nights with Leo & Judi on my way back to Hervey Bay, a grey butcher bird adopted me!! I needed papers from my shed to apply for a passport and my feather Doona!!! I really missed it even when in Qld I am such a cold frog.  The battery charger I had bought for the HiAce I left behind as there was one in this van but it turned out mine was more powerful so will get that installed soon.
Left Wednesday and camped at Petrie Park, Tiaro a lovely spot by the Mary River.  Now at 6 Mile just south of Gympie again with Leo & Judi, we played cards outside my van tonight, thanks to David & Jenny who wired and attached my new light before I left Tanyalla.


Leo & Judi

Just found this as a draft after spending an hour to do it all from my Journal!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment