Saturday 29 December 2012

Year's end

After spending the weekend in Gympie, I headed back to Hervey Bay for a few days, I needed papers from my shed to apply for a Passport.


The Canal at Twin Waters
The daughter of a friend who was recuperating on the Sunshine Coast invited me to 'hang out with mum' while she and her husband had a few days away.  It was a beautiful spot on a canal, I went paddling in their kayak, we walked to watch a glorious sunset over the river or just chilled, one evening making out shapes in the clouds (it's a long time since doing that!!)






Lily & Georgia off to school & preschool
I parked my Van in Brisbane and flew to Sydney to spend 3 weeks with Cath's family.  It was a busy time, a visit to the Zoo, breakfast with Santa one morning at a Shopping Centre, Lily's school Assembly where she received an award for Excellence in English, the next week for Georgia's Preschool Concert. The weather was cold for December so we didn't get much swimming time.





Flew back home to meet David and spend some time with him and the children, the family was moving to the Gold Coast to live. He & Amanda (his ex wife) had 3 trips to and from Gladstone over 3 days, power hadn't been connected which posed some problems, my van was handy for coffee's and snacks.  Gracienne & Reece stayed in Brisbane with family friends and I drove up for Christmas Dinner with them all, stayed the night and had a lovely late breakfast.  Found best kept secret on the coast a spot at Surfers Paradise to stay the night. David's home is almost settled, time out for the boys to enjoy X Box games, I will stay till the new year then head north to visit Helen's family.

Fun with the X Box

No comments:

Post a Comment